Almost time for cutting the cake for our 69th birthday!
Adlington Banner made for the Centenary Year
Adlington WI members enjoying a picnic in the grounds of Gawsworth Hall
Adlington WI will be celebrating its 69th Birthday in May 2017 with a trip to Trentham Gardens in Staffordshire – hoping for lovely May weather!
We will be holding our annual plant sale on May 20th. Further information to follow.
Following the great success of the canal trip on board the Mary Sunley, we are planning another trip possibly in July. Hopefully we will see the kingfishers again.
Our September meeting will be an open meeting when we welcome guests to an evening of Fun with Flowers and Foliage with Jill Hine. Tickets will be available shortly.
Programme for the year
- January 3rd Round Table Meeting – planning for 2017
- February 7th ‘Adlington Great War Memorial’ Speaker – Mike Akerman
- March 7th ‘Cole Porter – A Musical Journey’ Speaker Brian Green
- April 4th ‘The Rhine, Maine and Danube’ Speaker Tim Boddington
- May 2nd Resolution and Birthday Meeting with cake and fizz
- June 6th ‘Local Wildlife Ranger Service’ Speaker Paul Hughes
- July 4th ‘North West Air Ambulance’ Speaker Tony Brent
- August 1st ‘Hearing Dogs For The Deaf’ Speaker Terry Eve
- September 5th Fun With Flowers and Foliage’ Speaker Jill Hine
- October 3rd ‘Crafts from the Andes’ Crafts for sale – start the Christmas shopping!
- November 7th Annual General Meeting with cheese and wine
- December 5th Christmas Party with entertainment, buffet and mulled wine
Adlington WI clubs:
Adlington WI meets on the first Tuesday of the month but also has a number of activities running at other times. Including Craft Club, Mahjong Club and Table Tennis Club
You don’t need to be an expert, although they would be very welcome. We are a group of enthusiastic amateurs, who to be fair, enjoy the coffee, cake and chat as well as the creativity. We are currently preparing a group entry into the Royal Cheshire Show.
Over the last year we have tried a range of crafts including kusudama flowers, Easter egg decoration, decoupage, and a number of members have been knitting ‘twiddle muffs’ which we are planning to donate to a local nursing home.
We meet at Adlington Village Hall on the third Tuesday of the month.
Suitable for people who have some experience as well as complete beginners. The game is relatively easy to get started so don’t be put off if you haven’t tried it before.
The venue varies but players usually meet on Monday afternoons.
Table Tennis Club
Open to all ages and skill levels, the Table Tennis Club meets on Wednesday afternoon at Adlington Village Hall.
Contacting Adlington WI
If you would like to know more about Adlington WI, if you are interested in becoming a member, or if you would like to come along to a meeting to see what we do, please do get in touch.
We are always delighted to greet new members and can assure you of a warm and friendly welcome.
You can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: Jackie 07947 150090
Follow us on Twitter: @adlington_wi
Follow us on Facebook: Adlington Cheshire WI